If you are in the market for purebred puppies for sale, you’re at the right place and here’s why. Petland is an excellent source to find it because Petland puppies only come from 3 sources, which are:
- USDA licensed breeders and distributors with no direct violations on their latest inspection report who have a veterinarian-documented socialization and exercise program and follow veterinarian protocol for skin, coat, nail and dental hygiene.
- Hobby breeders as defined by the Animal Welfare Act, who raise their dogs in a humane manner.
- Local adoption pets that are vet-checked. Some of our puppies and kittens come from local animal shelters or from members of the local community as part of Petland’s Adopt-A-Pet program.
With over 45 years of experience in responsible pet sourcing, Petland has developed state-of-the-art standards for its retail pet stores. This means you can trust our choices in breeders not only because of our standards but also because of the USDA’s oversight.
At Petland, we ensure the following for all of our purebred puppies for sale:
- Proper identification of all animals.
- Proper record-keeping of veterinarian visits, protocols, health checks and certificates, vaccinations, and de-worming.
- Documentation of pets purchased or sold with proper age records.
- Housing (indoor, outdoor, and sheltered) is checked for soundness of construction, impervious nature of materials, ventilation, temperature, adequate size, flooring, walls, and safe surfaces.
- All animals must receive adequate exercise, daily feeding, and watering, and be housed in a clean and sanitized environment.
- Up-to-date pest control.
- Properly trained staff.
All of these controls mean that when you purchase purebred puppies from us, you can rest assured that they’re from reputable and responsible breeders who lovingly breed purebred puppies for sale!