Archive for July, 2017
If you’re searching for where to buy puppies, look no further! Petland Frisco carries many different types of puppy breeds!
Adding a new furry family member can be a daunting task. It can be even more difficult if you haven’t shopped for a new pet in many years or ever in your life. The landscape of the puppy buying world is ever-changing and many people don’t know where to start. But that’s where we come in! At Petland, we pride ourselves on being experts on matching the right pet with the right family and meeting the needs of both. Our dedicated, knowledgeable Pet Counselors have dog breed information all but memorized and can definitively answer any questions you might have. We strive to continuously raise the bar for our customer experience and it shows!
Large breeds vs. small breeds, which is best?
Well, there is no right answer here and it really comes down to you. What’s your home environment like? Most large breed dogs need lots of space, but there’s always an exception! Think about a Great Dane that does great in small apartments or condos. And then vice versa, small breed dogs can usually thrive in small areas, if they have high exercise requirement, it might not work out. Many people just go with a breed that they’re used to, that they had growing up or that a family member has. However, this could be a mistake as the situation can be drastically different and another breed would fit better. We say try to keep an open mind when selecting a new puppy! Be accepting of new information, we’re here to help.
Puppy’s first night, now what?
Another thing we pride ourselves on is our puppy training program, the one for you humans! Not everyone has trained a new puppy, or maybe hasn’t trained in many years. We want to make sure every new puppy owner goes home with the tools necessary to be successful at housebreaking, teething and basic commands. The first few weeks with a new puppy are some of the hardest and patient, consistent training routines help keep everyone on track. We also carry the latest and greatest when it comes to products and supplies and our Pet Counselors can help you find what you need!
Think you’re ready to buy puppies at Petland Frisco? We think so! Check out all of our wiggly, cuddly little puppies on our available puppies page!
A fun, playful breed, a Boston terrier for sale is a great choice for people who want a cheerful and energetic companion!
There is so much that makes the Boston terrier a great addition to all sorts of families! Many people don’t realize that they are one of the only dog breeds to be bred originally in the United States from, you guessed it, Boston, Massachusetts! Boston Terriers are affectionately known as the “American Gentleman” of dogs due to their origins and the tuxedo-like quality of their black and white coats. They have been an American staple since the 1960s and have thrived in households due to their fun, affable nature. Think the Boston might be right for your family? Keep reading for interesting facts about the temperament and characteristics of the Boston terrier. Want to see pictures of the Boston terrier for sale in our store, check out our available puppies page!
Boston terriers have a look and personality that make you sit up and take notice!
- Bostons have a short, smooth coat that is almost shiny in appearance. They are either brindle with white markings, black with white markings, or seal (a chocolaty red) with white markings. And their tails are either cute little nubs or “screw tails” that resemble a piglets. So stinking cute!
- They vary greatly in weight and be as small at 14lbs and go all the way up to 28lbs! They have an average lifespan of about 12-14 years because of their smaller stature.
- Bostons certainly require exercise, as they are an energetic breed. However, a few short play sessions daily or moderate walks are better than long exercise sessions. Because of the flat nature of their faces, they can get overheated from extreme play or weather conditions.
- The Boston does great with children and other pets. They are heartier than other small breed dogs and can handle a little rougher of a play time.
- An occasional bath, supplemented by brushing, is really all that’s needed to keep the coat looking good. This will also control shedding, which occurs, but is minimal in this breed.
Unfortunately, there is so much more to the Boston terrier breed than we can get into today! Feel free to give our knowledgeable Pet Counselors a call with any additional questions about our Boston terriers we have for sale in our store. We can definitely agree on one thing, Boston terrier puppies are good at giving lots of puppy kisses!
Searching for Bichon Frise puppies for sale? Look no further, Petland has the Bichon puppies you’re looking for!
The Bichon Frise (pronounced bee-SHON free-ZAY, we know, it’s a mouthful!) is considered to be a descendant of a type of water spaniel and was known in the Mediterranean area as far back as the Middle Ages. Bred as companions for sailors and nobility alike, the Bichon has enjoyed its reign as one of the most popular lap dogs in history. Bichons have long been recognized as good companion dogs because of their cheerful, even temperaments. They have recently had a surge of new popularity because of their hair coats that have little to no pet dander and are wonderful for those with allergies. Want to know about this frilly named little puffball? Read along with our blog to discover interesting facts about Bichons! Petland always has Bichon Frise puppies for sale, just check out our available puppies page!
It’s not all just white poofy hair and button noses for the Bichon, check out their temperament and characteristics:
- The Bichon Frise is considered a wonderful all-around pet that is both playful and gentle. Bichons get along well with other pets. And they are generally considered very good with kids of all ages.
- Bichons are active dogs, but because they are small, they don’t need much room for play and exercise. They are suitable for apartment living. Bichons are not known for barking, which is a real plus for people who live in urban areas.
- They do require considerable time for the maintenance of their luxurious coats. They need grooming, bathing and trimming on a regular basis to keep them from getting matted.
- Bichons average in weight from 8-12lbs and are slightly longer than they are tall. Their coats are either all white, buff and white and apricot and white.
- They need patience and consistency with training. The Bichon is very intelligent, but sometimes that means they might not want to do what you want them to!
The Bichon Frise makes a great pet for many different types of families! Find out more about the Bichon Frise puppies for sale in our store by giving our dedicated Pet Counselors a call today!